These light and fluffy muffins are oh-so-moist, not full of sugar, and straight up goodness! This recipe will make approximately 12-15 muffins.
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup honey (or 1/2 cup sugar)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shredded apple
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Using a grater or food processor, grate the apple, carrot and zucchini. Try to remove the excess water by wrapping and squeezing in a towel or napkin.
- Mix the ingredients from Part 1 in a large bowl and stir until well combined. Add the ingredients from Part 2.
- Add remaining ingredients from Part 3 and stir until just mixed. The batter will be very thick.
- Scoop into greased or lined muffin tins using a 1/4 cup measuring cup per muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until centre is cooked through (a toothpick inserted into center will come out clean)