This months #WholesomeAtHome copycat recipe, is one of our favourites! This incredibly tasty and vibrant Ginger Tofu Stir Fry is a great meal for a #MeatlessMonday or when you need something to change up your routine. This recipe is also a great way to introduce your little ones to meat alternatives and become comfortable with a veggie based diet. Packed with nutritious ingredients and fresh flavours, this is a meal that everyone can enjoy! We hope you and your family enjoy this delicious meal with #WholesomeAtHome.
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice, ferro or couscous
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 14 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed
- 2 cups bell peppers, diced
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce, water, rice vinegar and 2 Tbsp oil.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Add the tofu and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side. Pour ¼ cup of the sauce in the pan and stir to coat the tofu. Cook until the sauce is bubbling, about 1 minute. Remove tofu from pan and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add the bell peppers and carrots and sauté for 4-5 minute.
- Add the tofu back in along with the remaining sauce and toss to coat.
- Serve with grain of choice and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving):
260 calories, 800mg sodium, 26g carbohydrates, 10g protein, 13g fat (1.5g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 11.5g unsaturated fat), 10g sugar, 4g fibre