I hope you all had a Fangtastic Halloween. For any kids or adults recovering from a sugar rush, here’s an idea to curb the candy overload. These Jack-o’-Lantern fruit cups are great alternatives to enjoy sweets while staying nourished. These spooky fruit cups are so easy to make, and kids can build their own cup by choosing what fruits they want in there! They are super cute and fun, and I promise the kiddos will love them!
Yield: 8 servings
8 Small Navel Oranges
1 Small Apple, Chopped
½ Cup Halved Seedless Red Grapes
Any desired fruits
- Choose which side of each orange will be the jack-o’-lantern’s face. Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each so that it rests flat.
- Cut another small slice from the top.
- Spoon out the pulp. Chop the pulp and combine with apple and grapes, or any desired fruits. Set aside.
- Cut faces as desired and decorate with almonds and cloves.
- Spoon fruit mixture into jack-o’-lanterns.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
85 calories, 22g carbohydrates (4g fibre, 15g sugar), 1g protein, 0g fat, 2mg sodium
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home and approved by Chloe Cheng, Registered Dietitian, Wholesome Kids Catering.