Looking for ideas to preserve your fresh berries? Turn them into this nutritious sweet treat! Summer is the best time to be outside and active with the kids, but don’t forget to stay hydrated. These homemade berry popsicles are perfect for beating the heat. All you need is 3 simple ingredients and 5 minutes. Berries are natural sweeteners and provide many key nutrients that children need. The Greek yogurt creates a smooth and creamy texture and adds protein to make the snack extra filling.
Yield: 10 Servings
3 Cups Assorted Fresh Berries (any berries you like)
1 ½ Tbsp Honey
3 Cups Plain Greek Yogurt
- In a food processor, pulse the berries several times until the mixture becomes a jam-like consistency.
- Pour the blended berries into a large bowl. Stir in honey and gently fold the Greek yogurt into the berry mixture. Do not fully mix if you want a swirly look to your popsicles.
- Use a spoon to fill each popsicle mold evenly with berry yogurt.
- Cover the mold and insert the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight to set.
- Run popsicle molds under hot water for 30-45 seconds to help release the popsicles. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per section)
81 calories, 10g carbohydrates (1.5g fibre, 8g sugar), 7g protein, 1.5g fat (1g saturated, 0g trans, 0.5g unsaturated), 25mg sodium
Recipe adapted from Give it Some Thyme and approved by Chloe Cheng, Registered Dietitian, Wholesome Kids Catering.