We generally think of a smoothie as a drink, but why not transform it into a healthy dessert treat, delicious breakfast, or colourful snack in a bowl with some fun toppings! This yummy ice cream-like texture is made with frozen fruits.
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup 2% milk, or milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt, plain or flavoured
- ice for thickening (optional)
- Toppings of your choice: diced fruit or berries, nuts, shredded coconut, granola, seeds – the options are endless!
TIP: Peel and then freeze your ripe bananas – they’re easy to throw into the blender when needed and ripe bananas add extra flavour!
- Combine the ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. The consistency will be very thick – if it’s too thick, stop, stir the ingredients, and continue blending. If the consistency is too thin, blend in some extra ice cubes.
- Transfer to a bowl, add toppings of your choice, and enjoy – with a spoon!