Position Title: Customer Care Representative
Reports To: Customer Care Manager
Hours of Work: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday
**To apply, please submit your resume to Wholesome Kids Hiring firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are
Wholesome Kids Catering is a leading catering company with a purpose to Nourish Lives. We provide healthy, delicious, child-friendly meals, and snacks to childcare centres and schools. Our caring, experienced staff are passionate about providing great food and great service to all our customers. Tasty, child-focused menus reflect our successful ‘Eat Grow Thrive’ philosophy, which combines excellent nutrition with flavors and foods children love to nourish their life. Our culture is one where we value trusted partnerships, enable growth and the ability to excel and be fully engaged, value integrity and focus on making an impact on our clients, customers, co-workers, and communities.
Wholesome Kids Catering’s priority for the next five years is top line growth to support the capacity in our new state of the art custom designed facility and overall strategic long-term plans. We have a proven track record in growth, and we want to deliver on a ‘Five Star” Customer Experience to retain our customers and live out our competitive difference of being a Trusted Partner with all our customers. The creation of this new Customer Care position is to drive results through execution of our customer care mandate to serve our customers in a way that is supportive of our brand and culture.
As we nourish children with wholesome food to help them grow and thrive in the GTAA, we would love you to join us and become a part of our dynamic team.
We are looking for a high-performing Customer Care Liaison, an A team player, who plays to win with the best outcome for our customers. You have great problem-solving skills and like to think out of the box to find creative solutions. You are able to work in a fast-paced environment with an amazing group of people. You always care about the quality of your work and act with Integrity by delivering on commitments made. You are curious, investigative, and not satisfied with the status quo, and have the ability to find positive solutions for our customers’ needs. Your focus is on growth, through collaboration and learning for yourself and the company to benefit our customers.
As a trusted partner and ambassador of the company, the successful candidate will be a high performing team member within the Customer Care department and Customer Success function. The successful candidate will be able to work with multiple customers each day to resolve issues, recommend solutions, offer guidance and ensure customer sales and allergen information is up to date and accurate. The Customer Care liaison will have an engaging demeanor and will inspire confidence and earn trust with our customers each day.
- College Diploma or University degree, ideally in business administration or similar program.
- Minimum 4-5 years of Customer Care experience
- Minimum 4-5 years of Data Entry experience (combination of 4-5 years Customer Care and Data Entry is acceptable).
- Knowledge of food production, and/or nutrition is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Child Care legislation/licensing is an asset
- Safe Food Handler certificate/knowledge an asset
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office Suite of products – Word, Excel, PDF, Outlook
- Intermediate skill level in CRM (customer database) or ERP system, preferably HubSpot and/or MS Navision.
- Intermediate skill level in Adobe file creation and edits.
- G License and access to a vehicle for daily in field travel
- A clear Vulnerable Sector Check
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong Customer Centric Focus
- Personable, professional and can interact positively with a diverse group with various levels of responsibility and accountability.
- Strong ability in active listening and problem solving via phone
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy in data entry
- Ability to multi-task and motivated by meeting deadlines.
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented
- Works well independently and in a team
- Strong verbal and written communication in English
- Second language an asset
Duties and Responsibilities
1. CUSTOMER CARE
- Responds to phone calls and/or email correspondence in a friendly, approachable, and confident manner.
- Proactively reaches out to customers to seek out additional information, provide a follow up and/or execute on a desired customer touchpoint.
- Able to assess and understand various situations through asking questions and seeking clarity.
- Listens carefully to our customers and conveys empathy and commitment to a solution or finding a solution.
- Manages customer expectations in a positive manner while resolving roadblocks for an improved customer experience.
- Provides over the phone training (guidance) and/or best practices with customers to deliver a successful food service.
- Creates and/or updates and sends customer communications and notices.
- Supports our customers in the transition to a new menu
- Successfully onboards new temporary customers
- Ability to make a recommendation to the Customer Care Manager where the situation needs additional care and attention.
- Engages and participates in the execution of innovation projects to help improve customer experience.
- Occasionally participates in customers events, presentations and/or customer visits.
2. ERP & DATA MANAGEMENT
- Acknowledges receipt of a new Customer Meal Count and Allergen Forms, and makes all required changes to standing orders and sales orders in the MS Navision ERP with accuracy.
- Acknowledges receipt of a new information from a customer and updates the system accordingly.
- Ability to set up new customers in the MS ERP system, including all required customer card, contact card, standing orders, pricing, and dimensions with detailed accuracy.
- Ability to assess customer needs and possible solutions and set up the MS ERP accurately leading to positive customer outcomes.
- Ability to print production and allergen labels and summaries.
3. TEAM COLLABORATION
- Communicates and works effectively and collaboratively with Sales, Operations, Shipping, and Marketing (as needed) to deliver great results for customers, and other stakeholders in the company.
- Participates and comes prepared to all daily huddles, 121 coaching meetings, and monthly meetings, and any other cadence / meetings as required.
- Follows company charter and is aligned and exhibits company values. Participates in culture events and activities and recognizes others for exhibiting company values.
- Participates in additional projects or added responsibilities as needed.
4. REPORTING & DOCUMENTATION
- Updates, closes or assigns future dates to CRM tickets daily with accuracy to fully address customer request successfully.
- Assigns issues for additional investigation into the investigation pipeline and closes the loop with customers once completed.
- Updates key and pertinent information on customers in the CRM.
- Updates Customer Care policies and /or documents as needed.
- Results Focus – Aligns organizational resources and accountabilities to accomplish ambitious goals.
- Builds Partnerships – Demonstrates both an internal and external focus on nurturing relationships with key stakeholders to advance our WOW the customer value.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Communications & Influence – Expresses thoughts, feelings and ideas in a clear, professional and compelling manner with individuals and groups.
- Problem Solving – Finds solutions when emotions are involved that are win-win for Wholesome and Wholesome customers.
- Continuous Improvement –. Seeks ways to contribute to, and enhance business and operational efficiencies
- Stress Tolerance & Resilience – Is able to cope when there are competing demands for time and/or the customer is expressing dissatisfaction and it is unclear how you may address the issue (initially). Is able to use productive strategies to refresh your mindset and renew self to stay positive and seek opportunities.
- Optimism – Positive attitude and outlook
- Customer Care Issues – per target
- Ticket Resolution Time/Response Time – per target
- Uphold the company’s charter and values
- Plays to Win!
- Respectful of others and self
- Values and seeks feedback from others
- Self-aware, with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Hands on with a willingness to roll up sleeves and get involved
- Always works to gather data, learn and make recommendations
- 100% trustworthy with the highest level of integrity
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A true team player
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a growing company
* Wholesome Kids Catering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.*