Shift 1: 5:00 am – 1:00 pm, Monday – Friday, Full-time permanent
Shift 2: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Friday, Full-time permanent
Shift 2: 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm, Monday – Friday, Full-time permanent
We are growing and would love you to grow with us!
Who we are: Wholesome Kids Catering is a 27-year-old catering company that provides healthy lunches and snacks to children in child care centres, schools and camp/sports programs. We have a passion for enriching the lives of our community and serving up daily nourishment, carefully sourced and prepared, to grow healthy bodies and minds.
Who you are: You are fully engaged and always willing to go above and beyond to maintain our high standards of accuracy and production quality that we deliver to our customers every day. Organization and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment are important in this role. Being results focused and actions oriented are also skills that would create success for you in this position.
The role of a production assistant is to work collaboratively with the team in a fast-paced environment. The aspects of the job involve prepping, portioning, packaging, sorting, distributing meals and snacks, and many other aspects of maintaining a high-quality production kitchen.
What You Will Do at Wholesome Kids Catering:
- Working with and assisting Red Seal Chefs and Cooks preparing meals and snacks for growing bodies
- Following healthy recipes and Food for Tots unique processes
- Checking the quality of the food being served
- Packing food efficiently to ensure no wasted materials
- Maintaining the cleanliness of workstations
- Operating industrial sized machines and food equipment under supervision
- Offering any additional support in areas of the kitchen where needed
- Ensure hot meals are accurate, packed properly and sealed to ensure temperature retention
Some of the challenging parts of the job: Working in a large Commissary can be exciting, especially for a food lover like you – but it can also be quite physical. Some daily requirements and components to the job you will need to consider are:
- Lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work for periods of time in a cold environment 4 – 10 degrees Celsius
- Safely use and handle sharp materials such as box cutters and knives
- Push, pull and move rolling racks and carts safely around the facility
- Standing for long periods of time
- Repetitive tasks and body movement
Some of the exciting parts of the job:
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Experience in a professional kitchen working alongside Red Seal Chefs and Nutritionists.
- Working knowledge of food safety, including Food Handler’s Certification and HACCP regulations.
- The chance to be a part of a dynamic team with a passion for food and community
What you will need to bring to the team:
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Post-Secondary School Education in Culinary, Hospitality or a related field is an asset
- Previous experience in Food Production is an asset
- Food Handler Certification is an asset
- Knowledge and experience complying with HACCP is an asset
- Able to work within a team environment
- Effective Communication
- Organizational skills
- Results Focused
- Service Oriented
- Problem Solving skills
- Relationship Building skills
If you are interested please email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Training will be provided on the above duties and responsibilities upon hire*
Our Wholesome Kids Catering Core Values:
- I Enrich The Lives of those we serve and our community that surrounds us
- I am a Trusted Partner to my colleagues, customers and community
- I act with Integrity in everything I do
- I Excel at my position and strive for greatness
- I Collaborate and use all my resources to do the very best job I can do
- I am Growing through continued education
- I Make an Impact
*Wholesome Kids Catering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.*