Shift: 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm, Full-time, Monday – Friday
Who we are: Wholesome Kids Catering is a 25-year-old catering company that provides healthy lunches and snacks to children in child care centres, schools and camp/sports programs. We have a passion for enriching the lives of our community and serving up daily nourishment, carefully sourced and prepared, to grow healthy bodies and minds.
Who you are: The Sanitation Team will support Wholesome Kids Catering with the cleaning, sanitizing, maintenance and organization of the production facility, completing cleaning forms and documentation, and ensuring that Wholesome Kids Catering high quality standards are being met. Come join our great Production team at Wholesome Kids Catering as a Sanitation Team Member.
What You Will Do at Wholesome Kids Catering:
- Keep facility clean and in orderly condition
- We will train you how to follow HACCP policies and Cleaning SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operation Procedure)
- Complete all sanitation and cleaning forms and documentation as required
- Notify supervisor when materials are running low so they can be ordered accordingly
- Noting areas that require further cleaning/maintenance
- Maintain production area accessibility and appearance
- Ensure food production equipment is kept clean
- Maintain a clean and sanitized restroom facility and replenishing supplies
- Remove garbage from trash cans and emptying recycling bins
- Other maintenance duties as required
Some of the challenging parts of the job: Working in a large Commissary can be exciting, especially for a food lover like you – but it can also be quite physical. Some daily requirements and components to the job you will need to consider are:
- Lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Standing for long periods of time
- Safety/Steel-toed boots
- Safely use and handle sharp materials such as box cutters and knives
- Push, pull and move rolling racks and carts safely around the facility
- Repetitive tasks and body movement
- Bending, leaning and reaching
Some of the exciting parts of the job:
- Free hot lunch and hot beverages (coffee, tea) every day
- Health & Wellness Benefits
- Experience in a professional kitchen working alongside Red Seal Chef and Nutritionists.
- Working knowledge of food safety, including Food Handler’s Certification and HACCP regulations.
- The chance to be a part of a dynamic team with a passion for food and community
What you will need to bring to the team:
- A love for food
- Communication and Comprehension Skills
- Good documentation skills
- Basic safety knowledge
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) is considered an asset
- Industrial cleaning experience is an asset
- Experience complying with HACCP is an asset
*Training will be provided on the above duties and responsibilities upon hire*
Our Wholesome Kids Catering Core Values:
- I Enrich The Lives of those we serve and our community that surrounds us
- I am a Trusted Partner to my colleagues, customers and community
- I act with Integrity in everything I do
- I Excel at my position and strive for greatness
- I Collaborate and use all my resources to do the very best job I can do
- I am Growing through continued education
- I Make an Impact
*Wholesome Kids Catering is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodations in accordance with the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank all those applicants who have applied; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.